Thursday, April 30, 2009

Name them one by one.

Its the first of may 2009. Who am I? Where am I? When did it get to be May 2009? I feel like some sort of amnesia patient that cannot be convinced that this is actually the date. I would say to show me a newspaper to prove the date to me, but do they even still exist? The name of this blog doesn't seem to be any less fitting. The times are changing, and they always will. I'm finding existence alone to be exhausting, much less doing anything with said existence. Trying to wrap my brain around everything takes as much energy as I've got, and then some. Not to mention I work a job that I'm on my feet all day dealing with the wants of others. Woe is me.
Not really, the truth is I'm grateful I have a job to hate. I hate it with all my guts, and I feel so blessed. I'm blessed I don't have Swine Flu. I'm blessed that I don't have to worry about roadside bombs on my way to work. I'm blessed to understand that changes will bring about glory. I'm blessed with a beautiful and loving family, hilarious and crazy friends, the best dog on the planet, kick ass roommates, a beautiful home, an amazing neighborhood, a decent public transit system, fruit roll ups, grape soda, milk. (The last bit was just a grocery list.)
The point is, who cares if I can't fathom anything? Life isn't meant to understand, and as long as I count my many blessings I believe there will be more in store.

No comments: