Friday, March 6, 2009

Blue Peni.

I saw The Watchmen last night, the midnight showing. Correction, I saw half of The Watchmen last night. I walked out of it. I NEVER do that. I even sat through Twilight. Watchmen, however, I could not do. It was well acted, written, and had a great story. I did not want to see a glowing blue penis multiple times throughout the movie. I did not want to see a pregnant woman get shot. I did not want to see a child bite off a mans cheek, and I did not want to see a horrendous scene of domestic violence and pre-rape. I saw all of those things in the first half of the movie (one and a half hours) so I walked out. The thing that most disturbed me about the film, is that no one else was disturbed by it (except Liz) At the domestic violence scence I booed, because I thought it was in poor taste. There was no reason it should have been that graphic. A Woman turned around and scowled at me for interrupting her so called entertainment. A WOMAN was irritated that I booed because I thought it insulted everything I thought our generation didn't stand for. Sorry to have offended you miss. I know its probably number one at the box office, and I know I'm going to be hearing how great it is from every Harry, Mark, and John. But I believe its one of the most evil things I've ever come across. People may say that its just a movie and that is true, but the movie was a commentary on our society as a whole and therefore it means more than that. I wish it never happened.

1 comment:

Camie said...

Amen. I haven't seen it and I'm certainly not going to now.

....and I love you!