Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Bobs.

I'm using this post to explain the title of my blog. The Times They Are A Changin'. I don't know anyone who wouldn't agree. They certainly are. For those of you who don't know, its the title of a Bob Dylan song. His music is so appropriate for our world today. The lyrics are insightful, and at times infuriating; that he was able to point out these things within our society forty some odd years ago, they continued to exsist, and now many of our country's issues are because of these ignored problems that this man was able to see so long ago. The thing about Bob Dylan is he identifies problems, but his music doesn't really come up with solutions and they don't really encourage hope. For that, you must seek another Bob's music. Marley. His messages about peace, love, and appreciating life for the true beauty it holds are epic. I know he was a Jamaican stoner and all, but he knows whats up. The thing I like about listening to The Bobs is, as Dylan can come up with all of these different issues, Marley can solve all of them with his message. His message is that of every religous and spiritual diety. Love. It really can solve all our problems, and I believe that it will someday. For the times they are a changin' and I believe the change is for the better.

No comments: