Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blurred Vision.

I lost my glasses... a year ago. I have only been wearing contact lenses for the past year. Its so bad, my eyes want to die. The trouble is glasses are expensive! Especially if you get the frames you like. So, I just buy the boxes of contacts for $17. Which is great aside for the fact that I am terribly blind. I can't see anything. One time a friend asked me to describe what I could see without correction, and my reply was; "Shapes and sizes." So I have to wear these contacts ALL OF THE TIME! I constantly have plastic suction cups gripping to my eyeballs, turning them into immigrants at Ellis Island (huddled masses yearning to breathe free.)
Anyhow, its gotten to the point where I've started doing what I call the forced blink. I go to blink, the contact stops the blink, I force the eyelid over the lens and complete a successful blink. Its astonishing. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really need glasses and you should buy me some.

No comments: